Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of others?
Join our team! We are seeking a part time Shelter Advocate (approximately 20 hours per week). The Shelter Advocate is responsible for providing, advocacy, education, and crisis intervention for victims of sexual and domestic violence and their children, residing in the shelter, and to telephone callers in crisis. Advocates provide a safe, secure, and supportive residential environment for all clients and guests. Monitors daily activity throughout the shelter to ensure client safety in facility and works closely with all programs.
Flexibility to work nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays is required. Pay is $12.50 per hour.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 years of college, preferable in human services field or related, or 1-3 years’ experience.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations (elderly, children, women of color, physically disabled).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sexual/domestic violence issues.
Turningpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer