Reports To: General Manager
Schedule: Primarily days
Summary: Ensure guests are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained property by maintaining and making repairs to physical structures of building and maintaining the grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine Maintenance: General every day upkeep of the property including: Carpet cleaning, floor scrubbing, lawn care, weed control, pruning, sidewalk snow removal and slip prevention, keep porch/patio area clean, replacement of outside and pool lights, and any lights that require ladders or special equipment to change, clean ceiling fans, clean pool area floor, HVAC filters, emergency light testing, vacuum cleaner repair, clean drain in laundry room, clean out lint traps in dyers, check air compressor for dry sprinkler system, clean ice machine, maintain water softener salt levels, empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- Preventative Maintenance: Performed on equipment following manufacturers’ guidelines: dryer belts, pool pumps, filters, parking lot striping, electronic lock battery testing, crib and rollaway inspections and other necessary jobs.
- Preventative Guest Room Maintenance: This aspect of maintenance is to ensure that all guest rooms are fully maintained quarterly. Rooms should be inspected a minimum of 1 time per quarter using a checklist. All items in the guest rooms should be inspected. Repairs should be logged and a schedule kept of room maintenance and any other jobs necessary.
- Scheduled Maintenance: Requires advanced planning and may involve taking major equipment down, painting the pool, de-scaling hot water heater, pool and spa filter sand replacement, cold weather checklist, fire extinguisher certification and other jobs as necessary. Maintenance Log/Calendar should be used to keep track of all routine and scheduled maintenance throughout the year.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim as needed.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials or concrete as required.
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Assists housekeeping department with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Must be able to work days and have availability on weekends and holidays as dictated by business level. Ability to be on-call as directed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data for projects as needed, generates creative solutions and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities. Must be Pool Certified and maintain through employment.
- Customer Service – Responds quickly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance professionally and follows through on commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality and focuses on solving problems, not blaming others. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, listens and asks for clarification as needed.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit, balances team and individual responsibilities. Asks for assistance when needed to meet deadlines. Follows instructions and responds to management direction and commits to long hours of work when necessary.
- Leadership - Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Upholds organizational values. Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Follows safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials as intended.
- Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities around business levels and as directed. Adapts to changes in the work environment or as an emergent situation arises that needs immediate attention. Uses time efficiently and plans for additional resources as needed. Works within approved budget and develop cost saving measures, and conserves organizational resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas. Meets challenges with resourcefulness without impacting quality of work.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED, or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have pool certification and maintain throughout employment.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate verbally in English, and read and follow directions in English. Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, other employees and vendors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate inventory and order supplies as approved. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Also able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of computers.