PIERCE PEPIN COOPERATIVE SERVICES
Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services (PPCS), located in Ellsworth, WI, seeks an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the President and CEO and the Board of Directors. PPCS serves 6,800 members in western Wisconsin. With convenient access to the Twin Cities metro area, living and working in our service area provides tremendous opportunities for professional and personal rewards.
Essential Job Duties
The position is responsible for three main areas within the cooperative: Board of Directors administrative support, managing cooperative services, and executive assistant to the senior team.
Board of Directors Support
- Provides administrative support for the Board of Directors, including coordinating the Annual Meeting, updating the Board Policies, attending evening Board Meetings, taking minutes at meetings as requested, preparing information packets, preparing minutes and reports.
- Handles all aspects of assembling and organizing the monthly board materials and reports from senior staff for board meetings.
- Works closely with approved economic development loans.
- Maintains Cooperative Bylaws and PPCS Policies and Procedures. Researches and informs Board of current policies in preparation for meetings.
- Maintains Board of Directors monthly dashboards and reporting for co-op.
- Manages board budget and expenditures.
- Schedules employee training programs, maintains service award program, and coordinates employee functions.
- Manages all cooperative travel for directors and employees.
- Composes or drafts correspondence and articles requiring knowledge of executive’s views, philosophy, cooperative policy, cooperative operations, and some understanding of technical matters.
- Takes initiative to help the office be as efficient as possible.
- Assists with coordination and scheduling of member and community youth events and programs including, but not limited to, Youth Leadership Congress and scholarship programs, Child ID Fingerprinting program, Kamp Kenwood, Annual Poster Contest, and the Arbor Day program.
- Aids with all community related initiatives and works closely with community leaders.
- Coordinates employee and staff meetings, taking meeting minutes, scheduling appointments, preparing documents, writing drafts of correspondence or articles, filing, and researching.
- Responsible for collection and organization of all contracts and agreements.
- Receives customer calls/inquiries related to President and CEO and Board of Directors and provides necessary information to callers.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Organizes incoming mail and other documents in priority order. Locates and attaches related documents to correspondence which require the personal attention of the executive.
- Provides general administrative assistance to senior staff.
- Cooperates with all employees in maintaining good working relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate degree in Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant or related field is preferred.
- Experience (2+ years) as a high-level executive assistant with an understanding of corporate confidentiality and general business practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office / Office365.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate cooperative shared values and embodies servant leadership.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position, including the ability to lift computer equipment as needed.
- An assessment test may be used in advance of hiring to assess skillset.
- Occasional travel (company vehicle or commercial vehicle) may be required.
- Must be able to support board meetings during the evening once a month.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam, including drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must comply with the PPCS nepotism requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
PPCS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary based on experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Charity Lubich, email@example.com. A full position description can be reviewed at www.piercepepin.coop/careers-ppcs.
PPCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.